Sunday, December 22, 2013

Visual Contemplation

I usually am a very careful artist. Not so much with staying in the lines, per se, but I like my pieces to look great visually. Not that they always do, mind you, but I try.

With art journaling (or visual journaling) it's about the process, not the end result. I've read that statement, in one form or another, so very much these last 2 years, both in books and here on line. And I still have an issue with it, lol, but that's a story for another day.

Tonight I had a lot on my mind. There's a big decision that I need to start addressing more seriously, and in so doing, I need to accept that it is a decision to begin with. In other words, I need to stop avoiding it and acknowledge it. This quickly done journal page is a step in the right direction... right?

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Dropped by to say hello...and thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! great creative stuff here...love your illustration Friday work, and the beginning of your very colorful and fun journal page with daisy yellow. Lovely!

SCarol said...

Yes, its definitely a step in the right direction! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your comment on my blog too!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Very nice journal page. I hope what ever your decision it goes well for you and your family!