Tuesday, December 10, 2013

IF: Pattern

There are many ways to interpret a single word. Inevitably, a word will mean many different things to each person. Illustration Friday is a great, creative site that encourages artists from all over, regardless of talent, to take a word that is provided each Friday and interpret it as they will= through art.

This week's word is Pattern, and my illustration is indicative of a young girl who, despite her best intentions, keeps winding up in the same proverbial pattern of behavior. We've all been there, and can each relate on some level or another. The design in the background of the illustration is one of Tim Holt'z Blueprint stamps, which I stamped repeatedly in several different directions. My brother ordered me these stamps for Christmas and I am already loving the ideas of what I can create with them.

Where are you today in your emotional lives? Do you feel that you keep "falling into" the same patterns? Is that a good thing, or not? What can you create today to portray how YOU feel?

6 comments:

Patrick Brennan said...

great illo. the background is pretty cool, nice work on the gal as well.

Lucinde said...

Nice illustration :) Great interpretation of the word pattern!

Unknown said...

That's a Great piece Jenn, it's full of life and emotion... :)

sammysgrammy said...

Jen, I honestly wish that you lived down the street from me so we could chat everyday (over coffee). I love that you're such a deep thinker.

Think about this: "...if any (wo)man is in Christ, (s)he is a new creature; old things (patterns)are passed away (dead-gone); behold, all things are become new."

Aloquin said...

Amen, Sammysgrammy!

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Beautiful! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your new art supplies!