Tuesday, September 25, 2012

TAGS!

Hi! I have recently begun branching out, so to speak, in regards to my ETSY shop. I love to illustrate, and I still adore making ACEOs (Art Cards, Editions, and Originals), but I also make other things, like creative magnets and recycled magazine bangle bracelets.

Well, I've recently discovered the joy of TAGS! You know what I mean, gift tags that can be used as a special accent on a present, or label tags to put on whatever you want to label :) The uses for these tags are pretty broad... depending on what they're made of, you can use them in your art (scrapbooking, mixed media, etc.) to embellishments on objects, favors, or even key chains! The possibilities are endless!

Creating tags is literally so much fun, and your creativity when it comes to them is limited only by your own imagination! You can stamp them, decoupage them, cut them out of wood, illustrate your own unique designs on them, etc... I have a lot of interesting ideas that I'm planning on working on in the near future.

Here are some that are currently listed on Etsy by a variety of artists... I particularly find these tags very interesting. Do YOU make tags? Maybe you will after seeing these!

Enjoy!

14 comments:

sammysgrammy said...

Your format changed. I love tags. Whenever I need one - I make one. I even made a Christmas present tag using a pic of me and my 2 sisters when we were little. I think that one is my favorite. I made myself a luggage tag too. You're probably sorry you asked now................

(Ri)Charmed said...

Hey fellow CAST Team member. =) Those are really cute! I like the Asian blossom ones the best.

Richarme.blogspot.com

Susan Windsor said...

I think you're converting me! I haven't made many tags in the past, but these are some great inspiration. :)

Kelly Bermudez said...

Wow! These are really great!! I love them all:)

Unknown said...

I am excited to see you explore more options with your tags Jen. Your artistic ability will certainly make yours special and unique. Thanks for even mentioning mine!

bananaorangeapple said...

Nice to see you branching out.
I don't use tags. Maybe I should

Anonymous said...

What cute tags, I especially like the wood one's, great idea!

Julia Badgley said...

Thanks for including my snowman tags!
I do use tags on gifts, and have for years :)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love your tags...I checked out the ones in your shop. Keep making them for people like me that can't!!

Lee Pierce said...

Love tags and make a bunch for the holidays - never thought of putting them in my shop! Love the wood idea - all these are really neat!

Recovered Fundie said...

I prefer making a tag over finding just the right card. Yours are beautiful.

Lisa

N. said...

Tags are fun. There are some great picks up there!
Noelle

Luella Newkirk said...

I love looking at tags!! Sometimes it makes me want to make them because it looks so fun. Thanks for sharing these cute tags - I was looking at your yesterday - they look great!!

Kim said...

beautiful selection of tags !! I love using and making homemade tags for my gifts!:)So excited to see you branching out and trying new things . . you go girl!:)