Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why Are We Here?


I have been listening a lot lately to contemporary Christian music. It is very inspiring, and I often find myself crying as I listen. It's wonderful to have on in the background as you go about your day... keeps your mind more on the things of Christ, as it were.
One trend I've found, however, is that many songs sing about what we, as Christ's body, are doing, or rather not doing. That's gotten me thinking, and I drew this ACEO (the one above) today. It's titled "You Are With ME??"
Many people know Jesus exists, but many (due to the enemy's influence) feel that they are not "good enough" to turn to Him. They feel that they have to work things out first, or get "better" first, before they can go to God... but they don't realize that it's only by turning to God that they can get better!!! How are they ever supposed to know this if we don't help them?
We don't have to stand out on the street corner, shouting hailfire and brimstone. That, in my humble opinion, scares people away, and quite frankly, makes them think you're wacky. That's not what we are supposed to do. We are supposed to LOVE them, not jam the gospel down their throats. WE show the love, and then they become open to God working in their lives. Whether God chooses to use us further in helping the people come to their salvation is up to God. But we have to be open and listening to God's direction, and what we are called to do.
Or else... why are we here?

8 comments:

Sue Runyon said...

True, Jen. Love the new piece. It's great that your pieces have such meaning.

MYSAVIOR said...

I love the expression on her face.
Love from the Lord gets in our hearts. How can we help but Love.

♥♥♥
Sue

Unknown said...

Great message - we need to remember this when talking to people about Christ. How many times they look at our lives and say "I could never live like that". But they didn't see where we have been and that it was Christ who empowered us to be who we are today.

Kelly Bermudez said...

Lovely post in everyway! Love is the key: ) Reminds me of the verse....Love covers a multitude of sin: ) I am soooo thankful for HIS love!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

The Lord has been showing me so much lately...to reach out to others in their need no matter what is going on in my own life. When you obey and do it, it takes your eyes off your own problems and then the Lord can work in you!

Niki Jackson said...

Beautiful post, your art is wonderful. Blessings Niki x

Gladys said...

So true. I have to remind myself everyday that I need to let Jesus light shine in me so my life can be a testimony. It's a daily process and we really need to ask God to help us live the Christian life and have a servant's heart. Our purpose in this life is to prepare for the eternal one in His presence.

Love your art piece!

The REAL EverSewSweet said...

So true!