Friday, January 25, 2013

Illustration Friday: Wings

Another Friday brings another great topic for Illustration Friday, this week's is Wings!

Here is my addition this week, a fun ACEO I created that I'd like to do more of. I love working with mixed media, it is so much fun to discover how different materials interact with each other, and the various results you can get the more you experiment!

I do, however, have a question for all you artists out there... technically, isn't "mixed media" any piece that is done using 2 or more different materials? If that is the case, then (again, "technically") isn't a painting that is first sketched out in pencil but completed in only acrylics also considered mixed media, due to the initial use of the pencil? Hrm.....

3 comments:

Patrick Brennan said...

lovely work, great lines and use of color! bookmarked.

bananaorangeapple said...

I love the blue

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

She's beautiful. If it's just a light outline in pencil I don't think it would be considered mixed media, but if it's a lot of pencil, or pencil crayon it probably would... Not really sure.