Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A True Friend

There is a woman who will give you the shirt off her back, if she thought it could help you. She is the epitome of kindness and love, all wrapped into someone I consider my best friend, and literally, a second mother.

She takes photographs of subjects with a keen, original artistic eye that, in my humble opinion, is unsurpassed in today's clip-art saturated society. She is unique, and her photography stands far out from the rest.

She loves and makes awesome collages, and can digitally enhance a photograph with a stunning aesthetic that is truly her own. I am honored to say that I own several of her art cards, and they truly are a treasured possession of mine.

Whether she's in a friend's garden in Bloomfield, NJ, or studying the pavement in a bustling NYC, she listens to her inward artistic voice, and answers the call when a subject is begging to be photographed.

She is a proud and caring Mother and Grandmother, and is a loving and devout follower of Jesus, a fact which she is happy to share :) She is one of the kindest people I have ever known, and I can't even express how much she means to me in a mere blog post... the words fall short of what I'm truly trying to say.

Each of her pieces mean something special to her. Often times, there is a touching story behind her photos, and if you visit her Etsy Shop, you will be able to read about the meaning behind the photo in each picture's descriptions.

Sue is a beautiful woman who takes beautiful photographs...

If I could say just one thing to you, Sue, it would be thank you from the bottom of my heart for being you. There is no one like you in the world, and everyone who knows you is truly, truly blessed.

I love you, Mom.

16 comments:

Julia Badgley said...

Acwww! So sweet:) lovely!

MYSAVIOR said...

Jennifer - I have no words yet to express how my heart is feeling from your blog post.

You have helped me more than you can ever know.

I love you!
Mom

N. said...

I love the coffee card too! That's a great post!
Noelle

Unknown said...

I agree! Sue is a lovely, kind hearted lady and I consider it a privilege to know her. Yes, her creative touch makes every photo special.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I am so touched by your post....oh, to have a daughter write that about me, or even think it! How fabulous that you are both on Etsy and both very creative!

Becky K. said...

Sue is a treasure. I love her too.

You wrote a lovely post which will surely bless her!!

bananaorangeapple said...

A fitting tribute.
She really is a terrific lady.

Kim said...

awwwww what a fitting tribute to an absolutely amazing women!!! :)

Luella Newkirk said...

Beautiful, beautiful post! What an amazing tribute. Thank you, Jennifer, for revealing such beauty in yourself as you describe the beauty in Sue and show her lovely photos. God's love is very evident here!

SHEILA said...

I too am blessed to call Sue a dear friend. Thanks for honoring her Jen.

Mary Lamoray said...

Wonderful post...very beautiful and rich with true heart!

sammysgrammy said...

A fitting tribute to a real gem in the Lord's jewelry box.....

Unknown said...

What a true and beautiful description of Sue :)

Unknown said...

Jen you summed it up so well. What you wrote a year ago is perfect for this time.

Teresa

bananaorangeapple said...

Reading this again with tears in my eyes.

sacra vim said...

I missed this last year, but I'm so glad you wrote it. She was a wonderful lady and I look forward to seeing her again!