Monday, July 20, 2009

Time Waits for No One...

My baby passed the 3-month milestone on the 12th. I am continually amazed at how fast time is flying by. My life is filled with rattling toys, cooing, and holding head up high. I am a very happy and fulfilled mother. I wish we weren't living in a homeless shelter right now, but it really isn't bad. It is a nice, clean place with decent people who leave us alone. It's just the stigma of a "homeless shelter"... I want so much more for my baby. Both my husband and I are doing every thing we can, but the Department of Social Services doesn't allot us enough money to really find a place. Perhaps a studio... but I've been told that most landlords will not rent a studio apartment to 3 people. But the search continues! I do not want my baby to be in a shelter for Christmas... honestly, I don't want us in a shelter any more days than necessary. We've already been there about 2 months.

Anyway, I ramble too much... I created a new ACEO for those of you who love baby items... :)

1 comment:

LittleLovables said...

So happy that your son is a healthy 3 month old now! I am so sorry to hear about your living situation right now, I will keep your family in my prayers. I wish I could do more.

It is so unfortunate that people would rather a struggling family live in a shelter than in a studio apartment. I have heard that happens a lot. There is definately a lot wrong with the system.