Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Depression

I don't know much about depression. I do know that so many people these days have a diagnosis with this or that, but that is a post for another day.

I know that depression is a real problem, and many people are truly affected by it. I am curious if it a steady, consistent situation, or if there are highs and lows. In other words, are there people who are depressed, but can feel happy sometimes? Or are they always down?

The art above is a journal page I've begun based on Tammy Garcia's I'm utilizing the colors of orange and yellow, and creating patterns and doodles with them. Art is theraputic, and it's nice to take a little time each day, if possible, to do something creative.

Do you know someone who may be suffering from depression? Pray for them. But do something nice for them, as well. Maybe create a little art for them. Or, better yet? Take some time out, grab a journal and some materials (markers, pencils, etc.) and go create a little art WITH them. Take the time to let them know you care, that you're praying for them, and that God loves them. Let the Lord use you :)

3 comments:

Kim said...

great post Jen! My mom suffered with bouts of depressions when I was younger. Medication is what helped to balance her mood swings . .and getting involved in activities she loved :) Love your suggestion of doing something with them . .getting them involved. I was never diagnosed with depression but I went through many days where I was high and low when I was a teenager. . .had some really blue days. Nowadays . . .most all days are good and I think a lot of that has to do with my outlook on life :)

sammysgrammy said...

Complex subject - sometimes chemical related - how did body chemistry get out of whack? stinkin' thinkin'. "as a man thinketh, so is he" (in Proverbs somewhere, can't remember exactly where ATM. At work with no bible)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Looks beautiful so far.

I know some that have to deal with depression but don't know them well.